Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 27th update



Aili is doing great. She has been eating today and doing very good with it, about 2 ounces every 2 hours (which is normal for her). She isn't on any extra meds or painkillers. I think they have been giving her just some Tylenol or something like that, but no morphine : ). We slept late today and ended up going in to the hospital in the after noon. Yesterday was such a long day and by the end of it, it was past 1 am when we all got to sleep! Everyone had a pretty good day though. Taryn could have used a nap, but was still pretty well behaved. I managed to get a lot of school work done with Connor. So we got the hospital and hung out with Aili for a few hours. She woke up occasionally and looked around at us. She seemed to really like watching Taryn and Daddy play together : ). Then we went down to the coffee shop to get a drink & to the gift shop to look around. The kids of course found about a million things they wanted, none of which they got...lol! Then we went to the sibling play room, where the UW Huskies were : ). They were there to make T-shirts with the kids. So we made some with their kicker Eric Folk. We had a great time. Here are some pictures from today & I will put some more up of the T-shirts tomorrow!

I have to say we have some great friends & family!! I want to thank everyone for all that they do. All of the prayers & positive thoughts are wonderful, along with the words of encouragement. They mean a lot to us! I would also like the thank Carol for feeding our crazy cats for us & getting the mail, and Toni for watching our sweet baby girl Phoebe!!

Also Thank you SO much Virginia for the wonderful stuffed animal for Aili, it really brightened all of our day!! I know that lots of people are thinking of us, but it was a nice reminder and very unexpected!!! Here is a picture of Aili with the card & cute lion : )


3 comments:

  1. I'm very glad that she's doing so well. I can only imagine how scary all of this has been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so happy to hear she is doing well. I also have something I have made for Taryn and for Conner, just shoot me your physical mailing address whenever you get a chance. I really wish I were there to help out in some sort of way. I guess tons of Prayers and Positive thoughts will have to do for now. If you need to just chat to vent or just to chat, call me. And get some rest Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi to all,

    Aili looks wonderful. She is so lucky to have been born in this great age of technology, making almost anything possible!
    I know you will all be happy when you get back to your own home.
    Take care,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete